Thursday, August 23, 2007

I'm a terrible mommy.......

Ok, so I know I'm not a terrible mom but this day I sure felt like it. Picture taken on August 18. I have to tell you, I hate....absolutely can't stand cutting baby finger nails. I cut Kaia's finger ONCE when she was a baby and from then on her Nana cut her nails. LOL So I was nervous when Natalie was born. But....knew I had overcome my fears. YEAH RIGHT!!!! They are back full force now. Last week after a bath, I had to cut Natalie's nails. I made the mistake of trying to do it during one of her happier moments when she was wiggling about and not laying still. And of course, guess what happened? I cut her finger. She screamed and cried...not forever but long enough for me to feel horrified. But then it got worse!!! Her finger wouldn't stop bleeding. Check out that bloody tissue!! :-( And that was one of three by the time this ordeal was over. I started to get nervous and started to freak out and went outside to get Ron. He stays much calmer than me in instances like this. I also called my mom! LOL - Ron rolled his eyes at that. But seriously...it would not stop bleeding. I started to get all kinds of visions of Natalie having a problem with her blood clotting and my imagination started to get carried away. Give me a break...she is only three months old and that is a lot of blood! LOL Ok, to make a long story short I was embarrased to call the emergency room and so Ron just bundled up her hand as you can see below. I did talk him out of using duct tape though.....sigh! Can you imagine. Anyway, I nursed her after this while I was nursing, Ron called the ER to ask them about it. I think either he was nervous about the blood too or he decided to call to make me feel better. They said this is a common occurrence and that he did exactly right in wrapping it up like he did. Other than that, there wasn't a whole lot we could do. Except in my case I continued to feel bad. I haven't cut her nails since and they really need to be cut......sigh. Maybe I can talk my mom into doing it again. *giggle*

1 comment:

Kris said...

Ohhh poor thing. I've done that. I think we all have. I'm not a big fan of it myself. So sorry...